If you can draw, consider painting windows of small businesses in your town. A local artist used to do a healthy side business of decorating business windows with seasonal designs. Since we can’t draw at all, we miss her!
UPDATE: An online resource for window painters is WindowPainting.org. They have a great page of tips to get you started, a photo gallery, a directory of window painters, patterns and a video for sale.
[Photos by my nephew of paintings on our store windows.]
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019