You have a huge advantage over the generations of small town business people who came before you. Through the internet you can learn from other people who live far away, but face similar challenges.
Right now, Pat Matthews is blogging at Small Town, Big Ideas about what he learned from some failures. Go right now and start reading Matthews’ series. Learn from him. Comment on his posts with your own insights.
Start with Writing about failure.
Then read Failure Story #1 – The New River Network. It is his true-life account of trying to build a regional network of professionals. It just didn’t work, but Matthews shares valuable lessons for anyone who is thinking of trying.
Matthews will have more stories to share, and I’m looking forward to learning more from him.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022