David Xue is addicted to startups. He shared some of his Point of View at Okdork blog, in post titled PixPulse Your Life.
Startups are a bunch of fun, but they sure aren’t easy. Here’s advice that I follow by:
1. Recruit the best talent – As a founder or CEO you’ll spend most of your time recruiting and putting together your exec team. The first 10 employees will dictate company culture and be crucial to success. You’ll need to set expectations up front for everyone.
2. Have a revenue plan – I’m amazed at the number of startups that don’t have a solid or realistic revenue strategy.
8. Have fun! – Most likely your first startup is not going to be a home run, but keep at it and stay persistent. If you learn from your mistakes the chances of winning are a lot better in the future.
Especially if you are a technology entrepreneur, read the rest of Xue’s post, PixPulse Your Life for the other points he makes.
small biz rural entrepreneurship POV
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022