Successful entrepreneur Bob Parsons has a tip for coming up with big ideas:
So here’s my tip. Take time – preferably away from your business — and talk about your business with your employees. Talk about what’s right and talk about what’s wrong. During your discussions, you should have no particular goal in mind other than open conversation. Remember you’re just talking about the business. You’re not giving anyone a performance review. You just want to know how they see things, and it’s important that you share with them how you see things. That way the information exchange will rise to a good level and flow both ways.
Now suppose you are a struggling entrepreneur — like I once was — and you don’t have employees. Then maybe you can instead talk with someone who is familiar with your business. This could be a peer or maybe one of your vendors, or your spouse. I think the process of talking about your business is healthy and will help bubble up ideas.
Read more at Hot Points with Bob Parsons.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022