“Unlike [incentives], a good, quality workforce doesn’t run out in five years or 10 years.”
Shelby Mayor, quoted at the EDPro Weblog: Economic Development for Today’s Professionals
While you’re there, read the Quotes of the Week. Here’s three to get you started.
- “We ought to be a place where a brilliant person with a great and timely new concept can come to get a receptive person to listen, and then find ways to support … hard work to make it happen,” Christina Gabriel, new director of Innovation Economy Program at the Heinz Endowments in Pittsburgh.
- “The activities that succeed over time are those that build on continuous learning and innovation.” Suzanne Berger, director of the MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI), and the lead author of “How We Compete.”
- “Regional prosperity depends on a region’s capacity to support innovative firms, institutions and people.” Council on Competitiveness President Deborah Wince-Smith.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022