“Unlike [incentives], a good, quality workforce doesn’t run out in five years or 10 years.”
Shelby Mayor, quoted at the EDPro Weblog: Economic Development for Today’s Professionals
While you’re there, read the Quotes of the Week. Here’s three to get you started.
- “We ought to be a place where a brilliant person with a great and timely new concept can come to get a receptive person to listen, and then find ways to support … hard work to make it happen,” Christina Gabriel, new director of Innovation Economy Program at the Heinz Endowments in Pittsburgh.
- “The activities that succeed over time are those that build on continuous learning and innovation.” Suzanne Berger, director of the MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI), and the lead author of “How We Compete.”
- “Regional prosperity depends on a region’s capacity to support innovative firms, institutions and people.” Council on Competitiveness President Deborah Wince-Smith.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020