“Unlike [incentives], a good, quality workforce doesn’t run out in five years or 10 years.”
Shelby Mayor, quoted at the EDPro Weblog: Economic Development for Today’s Professionals
While you’re there, read the Quotes of the Week. Here’s three to get you started.
- “We ought to be a place where a brilliant person with a great and timely new concept can come to get a receptive person to listen, and then find ways to support … hard work to make it happen,” Christina Gabriel, new director of Innovation Economy Program at the Heinz Endowments in Pittsburgh.
- “The activities that succeed over time are those that build on continuous learning and innovation.” Suzanne Berger, director of the MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI), and the lead author of “How We Compete.”
- “Regional prosperity depends on a region’s capacity to support innovative firms, institutions and people.” Council on Competitiveness President Deborah Wince-Smith.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021