Once you have a website, you want to know if anyone is looking at it. So most web hosting includes at least some basic statistics. But, we are always hungry to know more about our customers. So here are some no-fee web stats packages I use.
- StatCounter – provides very detailed info on the most recent 100 hits
- Tracksy – some of the info is not as detailed, but it does keep detailed results for two months
Both provide summary data for longer. I’ve had StatCounter on a site since June 2004, and can view month-by-month comparisons from then till now.
These stats packages work by having you copy and paste some HTML code to your site. Then you can view your results online. If you want more info, Teller Test keeps a running survey on the no-fee stats packages.
With good stats, you can tell which pages people read, which they skip, which links get clicked and which don’t. In other words, you can improve your site to better meet customer needs.
Next post: search engine optimization.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022