Rural small businesses face a big workforce challenge. We are dealing, right now, with issues that will hit big city businesses soon. Over at Small Business Trends, Anita Campbell has a report on the coming shortages in the labor market.
My Small Biz take on this? We must grow and train our own people. The odds of finding highly skilled, experienced and willing people are low. We have to focus more of our scarce dollars on real training, take advantage of every educational resource, and dream up other innovate ways to find and create the right people.
[small biz] [rural] [workforce] [Anita Campbell] [Becky McCray]
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022