Rural small businesses face a big workforce challenge. We are dealing, right now, with issues that will hit big city businesses soon. Over at Small Business Trends, Anita Campbell has a report on the coming shortages in the labor market.
My Small Biz take on this? We must grow and train our own people. The odds of finding highly skilled, experienced and willing people are low. We have to focus more of our scarce dollars on real training, take advantage of every educational resource, and dream up other innovate ways to find and create the right people.
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020