Rural small businesses face a big workforce challenge. We are dealing, right now, with issues that will hit big city businesses soon. Over at Small Business Trends, Anita Campbell has a report on the coming shortages in the labor market.
My Small Biz take on this? We must grow and train our own people. The odds of finding highly skilled, experienced and willing people are low. We have to focus more of our scarce dollars on real training, take advantage of every educational resource, and dream up other innovate ways to find and create the right people.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019