EDPro Weblog: Economic Development for Today’s Professionals: by Ed Morrison
Agritourism represents an important entrepreneurial strategy for rural communities. The public’s appetite for agritourism is growing, and the strategy is one antidote to sprawl. Read more.
But the strategy should not be limited to visiting places. Developing rural products and rural brands can generate new wealth, as Appalachian Economic Networks is doing in southeast Ohio. Visit the ACE-Net site.
June Holley, founder of ACEnet will be among the faculty for our Open Source Economic Development workshop in Cleveland on March 27 and 28.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022