Becky McCray and Deb Brown continue our new series of news and commentaries as part of A Positive View of Rural. Each week, we get together by online video to bring you five news stories or articles you can use in your small town business or revitalization projects. We add our comments and ideas, and always share the links.
I post the audio version here. You can hear it with the audio player on the website or by clicking this audio link. Deb cross-posts the video version at needalittleadvice.com. You can catch us recording them live, usually on Sundays at 3pm Central on Blab.im; Deb shares the links in advance from @DebWorks on Twitter.
- Filling a knead: Watford City, North Dakota, high schooler opens bakery http://buff.ly/1VtWFq7 She started with a lemonade stand…
- Tele-pharmacies could spread through rural Iowa http://buff.ly/1RYEn0P Bonus points for reusing an empty building!
- Truck Based Commerce Continues to Expand – Financial Planning & Books http://buff.ly/1TxUh1j I do love mobile businesses!
- New Funding Options Take Root For Food And Agriculture Ventures | Locavesting http://buff.ly/2027Yq5 …and there are lots of options.
- Actions for Streets as Places: How Community Makes it Happen – http://buff.ly/1SdtAd5 All great community builders. All about giving your place its own unique feel.
Our next webinar on Rural Jobs Creation Strategies will be April 20, 2016, at 6pm Central time. We allow you not only to watch the live event, but also to invite friends, and to hold replays in your town, as long as you’re present. You have two weeks to make the most of your replay. You’ll find details at http://saveyour.town/webinar