Multiple businesses are a small town business trait. See, in rural areas, we know that one line of income isn’t enough. We work to reduce our risk by keeping multiple lines of income. I’m a perfect example: cattle ranch, liquor store, writer, speaker.
You might also like these previous articles on multiple businesses and lines of income:
- 4 ways to manage multiple businesses
- What a farmer can teach you about starting multiple businesses
- What wheat farmers can teach you about business
- Chasing two rabbits as a business lesson
- Manage more than one business without going crazy
Small Biz Survival articles every weekday
If you like those, you might enjoy an email each weekday with our newest Small Biz Survival article on small town business, entrepreneurship, tourism, marketing, economic development, and even a weekly chance to share your own good news in the Brag Basket. Plus you’ll get our weekly bonus newsletter A Positive View of Rural with practical steps you can take to shape the future of your town. It’s only available through email. I will not ever sell or rent your email address to anyone else, because I wouldn’t like that either.