Need some new small town tourism ideas? Borrow some. It’s the rural tradition: swipe from the best.
The Rural Information Center at the USDA has links to tons of resources and ideas on rural tourism. It can take a while to figure out their menu structure, but trust me, there is great info linked from there. It comes from all branches of the US government, extension offices, and all over. Need to know about tourism planning? They have it. Learning about agritourism? Lots of links. Make sure you have some time to spend on this one. In fact, you might as well bookmark it for later.
Get modern and interesting ideas from Springwise. They have a whole category of Tourism and Travel ideas, though it isn’t targeted to small towns. There are 49 pages of archived ideas there for your enjoyment. While you’re there, sign up for their weekly email newsletter.
Where do you get and share great tourism ideas for small towns?
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020