Need some new small town tourism ideas? Borrow some. It’s the rural tradition: swipe from the best.
The Rural Information Center at the USDA has links to tons of resources and ideas on rural tourism. It can take a while to figure out their menu structure, but trust me, there is great info linked from there. It comes from all branches of the US government, extension offices, and all over. Need to know about tourism planning? They have it. Learning about agritourism? Lots of links. Make sure you have some time to spend on this one. In fact, you might as well bookmark it for later.
Get modern and interesting ideas from Springwise. They have a whole category of Tourism and Travel ideas, though it isn’t targeted to small towns. There are 49 pages of archived ideas there for your enjoyment. While you’re there, sign up for their weekly email newsletter.
Where do you get and share great tourism ideas for small towns?
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020