Need some new small town tourism ideas? Borrow some. It’s the rural tradition: swipe from the best.
The Rural Information Center at the USDA has links to tons of resources and ideas on rural tourism. It can take a while to figure out their menu structure, but trust me, there is great info linked from there. It comes from all branches of the US government, extension offices, and all over. Need to know about tourism planning? They have it. Learning about agritourism? Lots of links. Make sure you have some time to spend on this one. In fact, you might as well bookmark it for later.
Get modern and interesting ideas from Springwise. They have a whole category of Tourism and Travel ideas, though it isn’t targeted to small towns. There are 49 pages of archived ideas there for your enjoyment. While you’re there, sign up for their weekly email newsletter.
Where do you get and share great tourism ideas for small towns?
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021