Need some new small town tourism ideas? Borrow some. It’s the rural tradition: swipe from the best.
The Rural Information Center at the USDA has links to tons of resources and ideas on rural tourism. It can take a while to figure out their menu structure, but trust me, there is great info linked from there. It comes from all branches of the US government, extension offices, and all over. Need to know about tourism planning? They have it. Learning about agritourism? Lots of links. Make sure you have some time to spend on this one. In fact, you might as well bookmark it for later.
Get modern and interesting ideas from Springwise. They have a whole category of Tourism and Travel ideas, though it isn’t targeted to small towns. There are 49 pages of archived ideas there for your enjoyment. While you’re there, sign up for their weekly email newsletter.
Where do you get and share great tourism ideas for small towns?
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021