Sheila Scarborough and I were happy to connect with Australian Des Walsh to talk tourism for our Tourism Currents listeners. I thought you’d enjoy it as well.
(cc) by trib
Des attended some presentations on the Tourism Queensland project, The World’s Best Job. He joins us with some thoughts on what went right, what didn’t go as well, and how to maintain ongoing momentum.
A few choice tidbits from our conversation
- How would you like some repeat business? Makes a great opening question to small tourism operators.
- Fear of using online tools and social networks is a bit like fear of travel. You are never really safe, no matter where you are.
- It doesn’t matter who prints your brochure, but it matters who answers your phone or works the desk at your visitors center. And it matters who represents you online.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021