At South by Southwest, I again ran into Frank Robinson, Lockhart, TX. He was just coming out of the session on visual note taking, and he taught me three things about drawing and thinking.
- A mistake is something you did unintentionally, that looks different than what you wanted.
- If you can draw out the problem, you can solve it.
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is a good beginners guide.
Do you draw?
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019