At South by Southwest, I again ran into Frank Robinson, Lockhart, TX. He was just coming out of the session on visual note taking, and he taught me three things about drawing and thinking.
- A mistake is something you did unintentionally, that looks different than what you wanted.
- If you can draw out the problem, you can solve it.
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is a good beginners guide.
Do you draw?
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020