You know a lot about me, but friend/mentor/buddy/rockstar Chris Brogan has tagged me for the 5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me meme. After putting it off for weeks, here are five new things you probably don’t know about me.
1. My first business venture was washing cars in junior high school.
2. In a previous tight economic time, I went to work in the local laundry and dry cleaners for six months. I lost 15 pounds, learned a bunch, and gained a serious appreciation for my great-grandmother who worked in a laundry for many years.
3. One thing I wish I could do well is sing.
4. At conferences, people frequently ask me how I got into high tech from a small town. Seems to surprise them. Mom bought us a computer when I was 7 or 8, and I learned to program. I’ve been into high tech things ever since.
5. Because I live in a small town and have a cattle ranch, people think I must ride a horse and rodeo and listen to country music. Nope. I don’t rodeo, I don’t like country music, and my only horse is the Mustang in the garage.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021