You know a lot about me, but friend/mentor/buddy/rockstar Chris Brogan has tagged me for the 5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me meme. After putting it off for weeks, here are five new things you probably don’t know about me.
1. My first business venture was washing cars in junior high school.
2. In a previous tight economic time, I went to work in the local laundry and dry cleaners for six months. I lost 15 pounds, learned a bunch, and gained a serious appreciation for my great-grandmother who worked in a laundry for many years.
3. One thing I wish I could do well is sing.
4. At conferences, people frequently ask me how I got into high tech from a small town. Seems to surprise them. Mom bought us a computer when I was 7 or 8, and I learned to program. I’ve been into high tech things ever since.
5. Because I live in a small town and have a cattle ranch, people think I must ride a horse and rodeo and listen to country music. Nope. I don’t rodeo, I don’t like country music, and my only horse is the Mustang in the garage.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019