OpenBeta is for technology professionals, entrepreneurs, enthusiasts, and investors based in central Oklahoma who are interested in:
Online Technologies | Web 2.0 | Social Media | Entrepreneurism | Business Startups | Social Networking | Viral Marketing | Blogging | Podcasting | Crowd Sourcing | Web Design | Software Development | Internet Activism | Information Security and Privacy
The goal, “exposing ideas and creating opportunities by connecting smart, passionate and motivated people with different talents,” is classic networking among entrepreneurs. Love it!
This will be on October 30, 2008, from 7-10pm at the IAO Gallery in Oklahoma City. They will start with a tech demo session, where community members will setup laptops and show off their innovative projects. Then the main session of the event will focus on lightning fast presentations given by community members on their innovative ideas and projects.
Maybe I should sign up to do a lightning presentation on social media, or maybe the checklist for starting a business. Hmmm….
What are the similar events in your area? Have you been to one like this? What was the best take-away?
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019