Our friend Michelle Riggen-Ransom sent me an email about a nifty small business contest:
I wanted to let you know about our Small Business Super Hero contest that we’re running in honor of National Small Business Week next week. We’re inviting small business owners to tell us, in 200 words or less, what makes their business super. We’ve got some cool prizes including a jetBlue gift card, super hero DVDs, free BatchBook accounts etc., plus we’ll be publishing winning entries on our blog. I’d love for your readers to enter!
More information is on our contest site. Feel free to send me any questions – I’m up in (rural!) Vermont this weekend but will be checking in between petting baby lambs and chicks.
I’m thinkin’ that being a small town business would make a compelling angle in a 200 word entry! Plus, you can submit a photo, so there’s another way to stand out from the crowd. Deadline is April 27, 2008.
Photo of me and Michelle at SXSW by Shashi B’s Flickr.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022