Our friend Michelle Riggen-Ransom sent me an email about a nifty small business contest:
I wanted to let you know about our Small Business Super Hero contest that we’re running in honor of National Small Business Week next week. We’re inviting small business owners to tell us, in 200 words or less, what makes their business super. We’ve got some cool prizes including a jetBlue gift card, super hero DVDs, free BatchBook accounts etc., plus we’ll be publishing winning entries on our blog. I’d love for your readers to enter!
More information is on our contest site. Feel free to send me any questions – I’m up in (rural!) Vermont this weekend but will be checking in between petting baby lambs and chicks.
I’m thinkin’ that being a small town business would make a compelling angle in a 200 word entry! Plus, you can submit a photo, so there’s another way to stand out from the crowd. Deadline is April 27, 2008.
Photo of me and Michelle at SXSW by Shashi B’s Flickr.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021