Reader Laura Fisher “Mitten” from Michigan offered a terrific idea for promoting your works anywhere you go.
This is a bit specialized, but my husband is a filmmaker and he puts clips of his work (his ‘showreel’) on his PSP (this would work with iPhone/iPod/Zune, too, I think). He’ll stuff it in his pocket when he goes out somewhere he’s likely to meet people and can just show people his work right there in hand. (The PSP’s screen is gorgeous!)
And while that’s specifically for film, I would think anyone who does visual work – design, web design, whatever – could put together a little slideshow that could be shown on an iPod or Zune or PSP or whatever. A ‘showreel’ for designers!
So if you can take a picture or a short video clip that depicts your work, that’s how you can carry it with you. What a terrific way to connect your online promotions to people who aren’t online!
Need ideas for videos? We have a few small business video ideas for you.
[Photo by Josh Bancroft on Flickr, of a Dell X50V and Sony PSP showing mobile video playing possibilities.]
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020