Reader Laura Fisher “Mitten” from Michigan offered a terrific idea for promoting your works anywhere you go.
This is a bit specialized, but my husband is a filmmaker and he puts clips of his work (his ‘showreel’) on his PSP (this would work with iPhone/iPod/Zune, too, I think). He’ll stuff it in his pocket when he goes out somewhere he’s likely to meet people and can just show people his work right there in hand. (The PSP’s screen is gorgeous!)
And while that’s specifically for film, I would think anyone who does visual work – design, web design, whatever – could put together a little slideshow that could be shown on an iPod or Zune or PSP or whatever. A ‘showreel’ for designers!
So if you can take a picture or a short video clip that depicts your work, that’s how you can carry it with you. What a terrific way to connect your online promotions to people who aren’t online!
Need ideas for videos? We have a few small business video ideas for you.
[Photo by Josh Bancroft on Flickr, of a Dell X50V and Sony PSP showing mobile video playing possibilities.]
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021