Almost a month ago, Ben tagged me to talk about 5 things you don’t know about me, and then Liz “blogtipped” me, saying I didn’t talk enough about what I can do. So, finally here are five things that some of you didn’t know I can do.
1. My previous jobs have included city manager, workforce developer, newspaper reporter, Girl Scout executive, and antiques dealer.
2. I am a volunteer leader. For example, I served as State President in the Business and Professional Women.
3. Besides the liquor store and the cattle, I do web design for a couple of clients, and do a bit of grantwriting, too.
4. Did I mention that I also taught computer and business classes at the local technical centers? Yeah, I think I did mention that!
5. You probably don’t realize that I’m actually a blogging pioneer. My first blog was in 2004, on my political campaign website. Yes, I ran for a state legislative position. I lost, but at least I got involved!
Now part of this is to tag five more people to tell us five things about them. It can be any five things, not just skills and abilities. I tag my co-authors Glenna Mae and Jeanne, plus Jean Warner, Jack Schultz, and Alfred R. Baudisch.
- About the Author
- Latest by this Author
Becky started Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share rural business and community building stories and ideas with other small town business people. She and her husband have a small cattle ranch and are lifelong entrepreneurs. Becky is an international speaker on small business and rural topics.