Almost a month ago, Ben tagged me to talk about 5 things you don’t know about me, and then Liz “blogtipped” me, saying I didn’t talk enough about what I can do. So, finally here are five things that some of you didn’t know I can do.
1. My previous jobs have included city manager, workforce developer, newspaper reporter, Girl Scout executive, and antiques dealer.
2. I am a volunteer leader. For example, I served as State President in the Business and Professional Women.
3. Besides the liquor store and the cattle, I do web design for a couple of clients, and do a bit of grantwriting, too.
4. Did I mention that I also taught computer and business classes at the local technical centers? Yeah, I think I did mention that!
5. You probably don’t realize that I’m actually a blogging pioneer. My first blog was in 2004, on my political campaign website. Yes, I ran for a state legislative position. I lost, but at least I got involved!
Now part of this is to tag five more people to tell us five things about them. It can be any five things, not just skills and abilities. I tag my co-authors Glenna Mae and Jeanne, plus Jean Warner, Jack Schultz, and Alfred R. Baudisch.
- Crowdsourced ideas for coffee shops and other third places - May 20, 2019
- Post signs with your tourism hashtag where visitors will see them - May 13, 2019
- Book review: Celebrity CEO by Ramon Ray - May 6, 2019
- How to develop an entrepreneurial culture and more small businesses in your town - April 29, 2019
- Where’s your town’s future mural? - April 22, 2019
- The secret to effective follow up: What NOT to say - April 15, 2019
- How church buildings can do more for the community - April 8, 2019
- Ideas to fill empty display windows - April 2, 2019
- Know your customers: What do they want to be good at? - March 25, 2019
- 99% of the best things you can do for your town don’t require anyone’s permission - March 4, 2019