1. Probably everyone already knows that I’m a counselor for small business. I’ve been a small business owner myself, so I understand what start up pains are like…. almost like labor!
2. I’m also a “do-er”. I get involved with projects and organizations and I like to help make things happen. I am membership chair of our local chamber http://www.waynokachamber.com/ is the web site that I maintain for the chamber. I don’t consider myself a webmaster, I just play at it.
3. I serve on non profit boards…. Red Carpet Country http://www.redcarpetcountry.com/ is a tourism group that promotes Northwest Oklahoma and I’ve been an executive officer for four years now. I also serve on High Plains RC&D board. We’ve recently been funded from USDA for a small business revolving loan program. It fits with both my paid job and my volunteer work!
4. I’ve been a member of the Oklahoma Federation of Business and Professional Women for several years. This year I’ve been serving as a District Director. I’ve taken part in a State Legislative Day and stepped out of my box to be part of a panel discussion.
5. On a personal level, I’m a mom to three daughters and two sons, I have too many to count grandchildren, the oldest is now past 18! I just moved to a new house this last fall and have been busy fixing up the new and selling the old!
- About the Author
- Latest by this Author