1. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up! (I’m way over 60 so I should probably come up with something soon?)
2. In the mid 1970’s I wrote the pseudo-code (COBOL) for the first stand-alone, non-centralized, small computerized system (at that time, this meant a computer smaller than that which filled a whole, very large room–complete with it’s own a/c system) for the distribution of oil and gas royalty payments which conjointly figured payroll for crude oil truck drivers through a 4 variable set.
3. In 1985 I passed the IRS Special Enrolled Agent Exam without a college degree in either accounting or business and without attending any prep class (I was so naive, I did not realize I was supposed to.)
4. In the early 1990’s I bought a liquor store and in the next 13 years very nearly tripled the gross revenue. Because of state statutes, this had to be done in the very geographically limited, local walk-in market, without mail order.
5. In 2001, I was honored to be chosen as part of the founding Board of Directors of the OK/BPW Foundation which awards scholarships annually to Oklahoma women. I served the maximum of 2 terms.
Bonus Item. All of my children are honest, productive adults. They are each are gainfully employed, none have been in prison, none are drug addicts. In this day and age, I would say I have done a pretty good job as a parent–they would all probably disagree! I am extremely proud of each of them.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013