Now, what can you make of this one?
Source: CNET Future Tech blog
Would you wear chicken feathers if they felt like wool or straw if it felt like cotton? Michael Kanellos blogs that researchers are trying to create fabrics made from waste products to replace the petroleum-based artificial fabrics found in bike jerseys, jackets and carpets. If the experiment works it could shake up the fabric industry. The cost of fabrics could decline and oil exports could drop a bit. But farmers would get another income stream.
How’s that for a small town business opportunity? Any comments on how you could take advantage of this one?
small biz rural entrepreneurship ideas
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022