There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
Fridays are all about failure here. It’s the end of the week. A time you should assess what you accomplished. And in many companies, organizations, relationships, the one thing you never discuss is…your failures. Yet, anyone who’s ever accomplished anything more significant than getting out of bed knows all success is on the basis of lots of failures. That’s why success is so swe-e-e-e-t. It’s rare; it’s at the end of hard work; it’s at the end of …lots of failures.
Zane and I seem to think along the same lines. (That’s probably scary for him!) That’s why I’m glad he is contributing to my new small business podcast. (More about that soon!)
Another brave entrepreneur, Marco Terry shares his point of view, when he writes very frankly about failure and changing direction.
I’m going to tell you a story. It’s a story about a strategic bet, a sort of “bet the company strategy” that went very wrong. And what I did about it. And why, perhaps, this strategic catastrophe was a blessing. Really.
This has been an important lesson for me as an entrepreneur. I learned that failure is good. Failure can lead you to the idea that turns things around. But more importantly, I learned that the darkest hour in the day, is the hour before sunrise.
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021