There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
Fridays are all about failure here. It’s the end of the week. A time you should assess what you accomplished. And in many companies, organizations, relationships, the one thing you never discuss is…your failures. Yet, anyone who’s ever accomplished anything more significant than getting out of bed knows all success is on the basis of lots of failures. That’s why success is so swe-e-e-e-t. It’s rare; it’s at the end of hard work; it’s at the end of …lots of failures.
Zane and I seem to think along the same lines. (That’s probably scary for him!) That’s why I’m glad he is contributing to my new small business podcast. (More about that soon!)
Another brave entrepreneur, Marco Terry shares his point of view, when he writes very frankly about failure and changing direction.
I’m going to tell you a story. It’s a story about a strategic bet, a sort of “bet the company strategy” that went very wrong. And what I did about it. And why, perhaps, this strategic catastrophe was a blessing. Really.
This has been an important lesson for me as an entrepreneur. I learned that failure is good. Failure can lead you to the idea that turns things around. But more importantly, I learned that the darkest hour in the day, is the hour before sunrise.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021