There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
Fridays are all about failure here. It’s the end of the week. A time you should assess what you accomplished. And in many companies, organizations, relationships, the one thing you never discuss is…your failures. Yet, anyone who’s ever accomplished anything more significant than getting out of bed knows all success is on the basis of lots of failures. That’s why success is so swe-e-e-e-t. It’s rare; it’s at the end of hard work; it’s at the end of …lots of failures.
Zane and I seem to think along the same lines. (That’s probably scary for him!) That’s why I’m glad he is contributing to my new small business podcast. (More about that soon!)
Another brave entrepreneur, Marco Terry shares his point of view, when he writes very frankly about failure and changing direction.
I’m going to tell you a story. It’s a story about a strategic bet, a sort of “bet the company strategy” that went very wrong. And what I did about it. And why, perhaps, this strategic catastrophe was a blessing. Really.
This has been an important lesson for me as an entrepreneur. I learned that failure is good. Failure can lead you to the idea that turns things around. But more importantly, I learned that the darkest hour in the day, is the hour before sunrise.
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020