Direct from the EDPro Weblog, here’s the scoop on rural outsourcing:
Rural areas are becoming more competitive with the expansion of communications networks. Here’s a good story about how some high tech jobs are being “outsourced” to rural regions. Read more.
Increasingly, rural counties are seeing that communciations networks are critical to their ability to compete. Here’s a story from Pennsylvania this week. Read more.
One community in rural Wyoming this week announced plans for a fiber optic network. Read more.
So it looks like the lesson is clear: you ARE your communications network. Want to compete? Want to attract alumni to return and found businesses? Want to draw jobs? Invest in your communications network. Other factors (especially people) play into this, but don’t neglect network building!
Start building relationships with all your communications providers to increase their investment.
small biz rural entrepreneurship broadband communications outsourcing
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022