Direct from the EDPro Weblog, here’s the scoop on rural outsourcing:
Rural areas are becoming more competitive with the expansion of communications networks. Here’s a good story about how some high tech jobs are being “outsourced” to rural regions. Read more.
Increasingly, rural counties are seeing that communciations networks are critical to their ability to compete. Here’s a story from Pennsylvania this week. Read more.
One community in rural Wyoming this week announced plans for a fiber optic network. Read more.
So it looks like the lesson is clear: you ARE your communications network. Want to compete? Want to attract alumni to return and found businesses? Want to draw jobs? Invest in your communications network. Other factors (especially people) play into this, but don’t neglect network building!
Start building relationships with all your communications providers to increase their investment.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022