A couple of great resources submitted by our readers.
nPost.com entrepreneur interviews
Nathan Kaiser emailed me about his site, nPost. As a fan of learning from others, I had a ball looking around nPost’s interviews. Kaiser explained a bit more:
The interviews focus on their insights, experiences, competitive environment, hiring practices and much more. They provide wonderful windows into life in a start-up and the minds of entrepreneurs.
Our latest feature was of Lloyd Frink, President and co-founder of Zillow.com. Other Entrepreneurs / Companies that have been featured include Reed Hastings / Neflix, Scott Heiferman / Meetup.com, Reid Hoffman / LinkedIn, Bob Parsons / GoDaddy.com, Jimmy Wales / WikiPedia, and over 120 other entrepreneurs.
nPost is also sponsoring networking events in Seattle and around the Pacific Northwest. They are also offering job postings on their site.
Business Opportunities Blog – new business ideas and more
Jimmy Wilson emailed me about the Business Opportunities Blog, or “BOB”. (Love that name!) BOB is there to give you the inspiration you need to go into business on your own. They feature news stories, business ideas, and inspiration. The photo from their story on Relocate to Greece certainly got me inspired!
I’ve mentioned their sister site, BusinessesForSale.com, before. They offer an RSS feed, so you can get daily updates of available businesses. Read about how to use that as an economic development tool.
Thank you to Kaiser and Wilson for taking time to email me about their sites. If you have a resource that rural business owners would benefit from, don’t be shy!
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019