From Ed Morrison’s EDPro Weblog, I found a link to site focused on technology and innovation in a decidedly rural area…the USA Midwest.
Crossroads Technology Report, launched in 2006 and based in Indianapolis, Indiana, is an online publication dedicated to covering emerging technology and innovation in the Midwest. Our mission is to promote the understanding and awareness of the trends, the people and the businesses impacting high technology sectors throughout the Midwest. We recognize, as do many others, that there is a growing hunger, especially on the part of state and local governments, academic institutions, growing technology-centric business and other tech champions, for the development of a more vibrant Midwest “new economy”. The achievement of that more vibrant “new economy” will in part be realized by awareness of the assets and strengths we already have. Planted in today, with a vision of tomorrow, CTR aims to provide relevant and timely content that informs technology leaders, business leaders and general public of this important Midwestern story.
Here is the link to their News Page.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020