We love sharing small town business ideas, and this one came from Pamela at the Kansas Kids “More Than a Museum” in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Seems a woman living in Hutch is a good vegetable gardener. So her business is helping out those who need help with their gardens. Not landscaping, or yard work, but vegetable gardening: tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and so on.
She helps those who have a physical limit like arthritis keeping them out of the garden, those who just don’t know how to do it, and some who just don’t want to. You can read more about her in the Hutchinson News: Woman offers green-thumb skills for hire.
I’ve heard of plenty of people making a side income from their own gardens, but this is the first I’ve heard of making a side income from someone else’s garden.
With all the emphasis on local foods, organic produce and knowing where your food comes from, this seems like a good business idea.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021