Lobby sign in the Fairfield Inn in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Fairfield Inn, a Marriott brand, is promoting its small town cool roots. This sign from the lobby of the Fairfield Inn in Hutchinson, Kansas, lays out the rural connection, right down to the horseback photo and cowboy hat.
“Fairfield Farm was J. Willard Marriott’s favorite vacation home, known for the warm welcome it provided to family and firends. This same dedication to guests and commitment to quality and service live on in Fairfield Inn and Suites today. The tradition of personal hospitality extended to guests at the Fairfield Farm is the cornerstone of every hotel, and serves as the inspiration for our Guest Promises and our Brand.”
Marriott is using the small town/rural qualities of culture and place to build the culture and sense of place in their brand. The local connection and personal hospitality are also small town traits.
- About Small Town Rules - May 15, 2022
- Chris Brogan works Anywhere, Anywhen from his small town - May 11, 2022
- More sightings of Small Town Rules fans! - April 11, 2022
- Buy Small Town Rules - March 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Authors - February 15, 2022
- Small Town Rules Media - February 15, 2022
- Experts say about Small Town Rules - January 15, 2022
- 7th Annual SMTULSA® Social Business Conference Equips Local Business People for Social Media Marketing Success - February 11, 2017
- Absolut vodka goes local through partner distillers - May 11, 2014
- Plan for Zero: Small biz owners sacrifice their own pay - December 11, 2013