Greg Corombos and John Duoba from the Business Owner’s Toolkit Radio interviewed me for their radio show. We covered a lot of ground, including:
- What’s different in rural business, and what can all businesses learn?
- Do shop local campaigns work? How do you start one?
- What are some keys to success in small retail stores?
- What are some business ideas for small towns?
- What are the differences between locally-based business versus chain businesses?
- What advice can we give business owners facing failure?
- Is social media a waste of time?
- How can you not get sucked into the vortex, or how do you manage your online time?
Here’s the description of the full episode from the Toolkit site:
Greg and John talk about a new initiative by federal officials that is hoped will improve small business lending, recommendations for using your completed business plan, the types of small business insurance, and how to use Business Tools found at toolkit.com sample letters for checking employer references, personal references, educational records and driving records. In addition, Becky McCray, small town entrepreneur owning a retail store and cattle ranch, as well as publisher of SmallBizSurvival.com, is interviewed about rural small business issues and trends.
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020