Greg Corombos and John Duoba from the Business Owner’s Toolkit Radio interviewed me for their radio show. We covered a lot of ground, including:
- What’s different in rural business, and what can all businesses learn?
- Do shop local campaigns work? How do you start one?
- What are some keys to success in small retail stores?
- What are some business ideas for small towns?
- What are the differences between locally-based business versus chain businesses?
- What advice can we give business owners facing failure?
- Is social media a waste of time?
- How can you not get sucked into the vortex, or how do you manage your online time?
Here’s the description of the full episode from the Toolkit site:
Greg and John talk about a new initiative by federal officials that is hoped will improve small business lending, recommendations for using your completed business plan, the types of small business insurance, and how to use Business Tools found at toolkit.com sample letters for checking employer references, personal references, educational records and driving records. In addition, Becky McCray, small town entrepreneur owning a retail store and cattle ranch, as well as publisher of SmallBizSurvival.com, is interviewed about rural small business issues and trends.
- Crowdsourced ideas for coffee shops and other third places - May 20, 2019
- Post signs with your tourism hashtag where visitors will see them - May 13, 2019
- Book review: Celebrity CEO by Ramon Ray - May 6, 2019
- How to develop an entrepreneurial culture and more small businesses in your town - April 29, 2019
- Where’s your town’s future mural? - April 22, 2019
- The secret to effective follow up: What NOT to say - April 15, 2019
- How church buildings can do more for the community - April 8, 2019
- Ideas to fill empty display windows - April 2, 2019
- Know your customers: What do they want to be good at? - March 25, 2019
- 99% of the best things you can do for your town don’t require anyone’s permission - March 4, 2019