Women going into business cite access to funding as one of the major obstacles.
Mirassou Winery is offering $50,000 in seed money in a contest open to potential women business owners. Act fast! The deadline is Dec. 15, 2007. (If you miss it, check back to see if they open it again in 2008, as seems likely.)
You’ll need a personal essay about yourself as a business person, and a simple business plan. (love that simplified plan! must remember to write a new post about it!)
Read all the details at Make your Dreams Come True with Mirassou.
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020