Women going into business cite access to funding as one of the major obstacles.
Mirassou Winery is offering $50,000 in seed money in a contest open to potential women business owners. Act fast! The deadline is Dec. 15, 2007. (If you miss it, check back to see if they open it again in 2008, as seems likely.)
You’ll need a personal essay about yourself as a business person, and a simple business plan. (love that simplified plan! must remember to write a new post about it!)
Read all the details at Make your Dreams Come True with Mirassou.
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020