A new website focusing on the rural US called The Daily Yonder is a potential resource for small town small businesses.
Publisher Julie Ardery let me know about the new site, and showed off some of the features.
News stories, video and radio focusing on rural issues are consolidated here. A blogroll of rural-focused blog feeds onto the home page. Heck they even feature Small Biz Survival!
They take contributions of all types of rural stories, and they cover topics rural small biz people will find interesting:
- Ag and Trade
- Arts and Culture
- BioFuels and Energy
- Cool Places
- Growth and Development
- Main Street Economics
- People to Know
- Politics and Government
- Racing For ’08/Archive
- Religion and Faith
- Technology and Media
The Daily Yonder is published by Center for Rural Strategies. And I love their tagline:
~Keep It Rural~
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022