It sounds really good – “a shop in minutes, a business for life.” Shopify lets you set up an online store with no charge, unless you sell something. Then it’s just at 3% commission.
There is nothing to install; it is all hosted at Shopify. If you have a credit card merchant account, you can use it, or go with Paypal. You are notifed of new orders via RSS, if you want. You can email customers directly from your shop.
It looks great. I’m dying to hear from someone who has actually used it.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019