The great CEO of General Motors, Alfred Sloan, was a business leader who understood that a corporation’s greatest asset is its people. Sloan once said, “Take my assets but leave me my organization, and, in five years, I’ll have it all back.” Sloan understood that every business is a people business. -Mary Kay Ash
Your organization is more than just the people on your payroll. It includes all the people you work with. Remember Stave Yastrow’s definition of a customer? Anyone whose actions affect your results. I think that applies here, too.
So what are you doing to build your organization?
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021