Do you think your daughters are worth less than your sons? The working world still thinks so. Check out Earning Power:
We are the premier organization inviting men to participate in endorsing business women’s empowerment for the benefit of both genders, their careers, and families.
The Statistics are Alarming :
- Wage Gap™: Wages for women have actually declined from 78 to 76 cents to each dollar men earn this year over last. Men earn 20-25% more annually.
- Equal Pay: Men negotiate initial salaries an average of 7-8% higher than women up front. This means larger bonus and benefit percentages annually.
- Working Parents: After having children, statistically women’s pay goes down while men’s pay increases. Men are financially penalized less, thus causing a wage gap.
- Corporate Executives: Only 6 women remain heading Fortune 500 companies, down from 8 two years ago. It is difficult to maintain ground.
- Leadership Positions: Although holding almost half of managerial positions, only 8% of Executive Vice Presidents are women. There appears to be a control barrier.
- Litigation: Lawsuits, such as those at Wal-Mart and Boeing, still abound. How can we stop the litigation?
Today, March 8 is International Women’s Day: Inspiring Potential.
IWD inspires women to achieve their full potential. Celebrated globally from Alaska to Zambia, IWD highlights women’s progress worldwide.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022