Do you think your daughters are worth less than your sons? The working world still thinks so. Check out Earning Power:
We are the premier organization inviting men to participate in endorsing business women’s empowerment for the benefit of both genders, their careers, and families.
The Statistics are Alarming :
- Wage Gap™: Wages for women have actually declined from 78 to 76 cents to each dollar men earn this year over last. Men earn 20-25% more annually.
- Equal Pay: Men negotiate initial salaries an average of 7-8% higher than women up front. This means larger bonus and benefit percentages annually.
- Working Parents: After having children, statistically women’s pay goes down while men’s pay increases. Men are financially penalized less, thus causing a wage gap.
- Corporate Executives: Only 6 women remain heading Fortune 500 companies, down from 8 two years ago. It is difficult to maintain ground.
- Leadership Positions: Although holding almost half of managerial positions, only 8% of Executive Vice Presidents are women. There appears to be a control barrier.
- Litigation: Lawsuits, such as those at Wal-Mart and Boeing, still abound. How can we stop the litigation?
Today, March 8 is International Women’s Day: Inspiring Potential.
IWD inspires women to achieve their full potential. Celebrated globally from Alaska to Zambia, IWD highlights women’s progress worldwide.
- About the Author
- Latest by this Author
Becky started Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share rural business and community building stories and ideas with other small town business people. She and her husband have a small cattle ranch and are lifelong entrepreneurs. Becky is an international speaker on small business and rural topics.