The IRS is reporting that bogus email scams are resurfacing.
Of greatest concern now is one involving payments allegedly rejected by the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System. The bogus email contains a link that may download malicious software.
Information on what to do if you receive a suspicious IRS-related communication is available on IRS.gov.
The IRS does not send emails to individual taxpayers concerning their personal income tax account. Also, the IRS will not send emails to any business taxpayer regarding employment tax returns nor any type of business tax.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013