Another small town small business idea:
Buy damaged items from online auction sites, repair them, and then resell them.
I got this idea from a student in one of my eBay classes. She would search eBay for broken china dolls. Her search keywords included “needs help” and “poor thing”. These broken dolls came at a steep discount. She would then repair them. I don’t think she was intending to make a profit, but you might!
If you consider this idea, here are a few suggestions:
- Specialize! Focus only on items you can repair well, and that have a strong resale market.
- Track your time, and carefully evaluate your profit potential.
- Be absolutely honest about repairs when you resell.
Do you have business ideas to share? We’d love to hear it.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022