The Del.icio.us Popular list is one of the methods I too have been using for several months now. From perusing the bookmarks on the Del.icio.us Popular pages, you can see the problems that people are trying to solve. For instance, right now the Popular pages contain several bookmarks related to (1) email triage, and (2) how to keep your Web searches private.
Anita Campbell, Small Business Trends
If you are looking for trends among the wider world of the internet-savvy, this is a good tool to consider.
Two more ideas for catching trends, locally or globally:
- Popular search lists at search engines
- Books on the best seller list or most read at your local library
Trend spotting is an art form unto itself!
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020