The Del.icio.us Popular list is one of the methods I too have been using for several months now. From perusing the bookmarks on the Del.icio.us Popular pages, you can see the problems that people are trying to solve. For instance, right now the Popular pages contain several bookmarks related to (1) email triage, and (2) how to keep your Web searches private.
Anita Campbell, Small Business Trends
If you are looking for trends among the wider world of the internet-savvy, this is a good tool to consider.
Two more ideas for catching trends, locally or globally:
- Popular search lists at search engines
- Books on the best seller list or most read at your local library
Trend spotting is an art form unto itself!
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021