Buzz words, the hot topic – You know what I am talking about. Go to a networking event and just listen.
As you listen, there is a good chance you will hear certain words, tactics, techniques or ideas brought up and discussed several times. These same words are ones that you are probably also seeing in print or on the Internet.
The first time, and maybe for several more times after that, you probably have no idea what people are talking or writing about. And you may ask yourself, why should you care?
The need to care is that these hot topics are a sign of the changing landscape surrounding your business. Yes, it’s true that many of them are not relevant to your operation or that the idea is not a trend but simply a fad. But one, two or more are a rich nugget for the potential development of your business.
These new ideas represent change, change desired by your customers and/or suppliers. It offers insight into what they need or want. It reflects their potential behavior if you can meet the expectations.
But listening and analyzing is not enough. You need to take action. Without implementation, the time you spent in this activity adds nothing to your bottom line. It is only a cost.
As you find ideas that seem to hold promise, you need to:
- Dig deeper – Learn more about the idea, technique, or tactic.
- Check with others who have already implemented it
- Plan the launch
- Do it
Buzz words – Find AND IMPLEMENT the nuggets among the rubble.
- Business Startups: Separate Fact and Fiction - September 19, 2018
- Build Trust to Build Your Business - September 12, 2018
- I Can’t Handle Success - September 5, 2018
- Your Small Business Needs an Online Presence - August 29, 2018
- What’s Your Goal - August 22, 2018
- Screening Your Customers – Look for Potential - August 15, 2018
- Learn From the Mistakes of Others - August 8, 2018
- First Impressions - July 25, 2018
- The Old Market Methods Still Work - July 18, 2018
- Building a Team - July 11, 2018