Every retail store in a small town has slow days, times when you know you just won’t have many customers.
One of your fellow readers wrote in with this tip for slow days in retail stores:
I run a clothes shop in a small town in Oviedo in the north of Spain. I never have clients on Mondays so I decided to teach English to some of my clients. I charge just 5 euros for an hour. That makes them a compromise to come over, and sometimes they buy more because they see the others buying. Hope this idea works for you all.
You could adapt this to any kind of lessons that you lead yourself. The lessons could be related to what you sell, like wine appreciation classes for wine shops, or unrelated, like language lessons at the clothing store.
You don’t even have to be the one giving the lessons. Look around for smart folks in town who would like to teach something but don’t have their own space. Cooperation with other entrepreneurs is one of our secret super powers.
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022