People appreciate the opportunity to pay more for the stuff that matters to them.
Maine photographer Meg Hatch offered a photography mini-session for families before the holidays. She sold a lot of them. She over-delivered, taking more shots than promised and going over and above the call to get great photos for families.
One customer bought the mini-session, loved the photos, bought some canvas prints on special, and ended up spending around a thousand dollars. This same customer has told Meg over and over how happy she is and how important the photos are to her.
Customers appreciate the chance to spend more money with you, to pay you well for your best work, for the things that are important to them.
She didn’t just spend the money because she’s happy; she’s also happy because the spent the money on something that matters to her. She feels like she got her money’s worth, and more, even though she spent more than other customers.
Give customers a chance to spend more with you. A few will appreciate the opportunity.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022