This idea comes from the Chickasaw Nation. Storytelling is an important part of Chickasaw culture, and who doesn’t love a good spooky story?
Storytelling is an important part of many rural cultures, probably including yours. That makes this a great idea for any small town to adapt and use.
In fact, why not start building your troop of local storytellers, so you can add storytelling elements to more of your local events?
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020