For the first time, Shop Small Saturday is promoting local small businesses in the UK on December 7, 2013.
The dedicated UK Small Business Saturday website offers an easy and quick download of digital marketing tools, like posters, logos, and suggested social media posts. There’s also a kit of printed posters, stands and badges you can have sent to your business by post.
Some local councils are creating local buzz with incentives like free parking that day.
What other countries are celebrating some form of Small Business Saturday? I’d love to hear about it!
Are you using Shop Small Saturday to drive more business to your local businesses? Our small town shop local guide can help.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021