1. You are getting reviewed online, right now.
Whether you know it or not, people are reviewing your business online. Yes, even your small town business. Especially if you cater to tourists. They might be on Facebook, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google Local, Urban Spoon, other review sites, their own blogs, Twitter, or a bunch of other places.
2. If you knew your next customer was going to be an important reviewer, how would you treat them?
Wouldn’t you do a little bit extra for them? If you knew in advance that they were going to come in today, wouldn’t you prepare a few special things?
3. Why aren’t you treating everyone that way?
Because now every one of your customers is a potential reviewer. Every single one.
4. How can you treat everyone as special?
You set a standard of service, document it, and train everyone in your organization to do it exactly that way.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021