Here’s another great small town/rural tourism idea you can steal, this one from Canada.
A two-day Taste & Tour Middlesex Conference started off with networking and local food. It’s important to do the fun stuff first. Then they turned to learning the second day, with a traditional conference event.
“Tourism continues to be one of the fastest growing economic drivers in Ontario and as Tourism Middlesex continues to evolve and grow not only will we have a louder voice in the County but also across our region.” [Source: http://www.strathroyagedispatch.com/2013/06/11/taste-and-tour-middlesex-conference-held]
You’ll find Tourism Middlesex at www.tourmiddlesex.ca
So any local or regional group could combine the fun and learning together into an event people really do want to attend.
But instead of targeting only tourism professionals or tourism businesses, open the fun part up to more locals. Anybody! Invite them all to come out, taste, and then give them a bonus: more information about what they can see and do in their own neighborhood.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022