Brian Blake is a smart friend from Oklahoma City, and he’s one of the hosts of the fun podcast, The 7 Minute Smarketer.
|Becky and Brian Blake with a cocktail shaker, printed by
the company he works with, ROBYN. Seems appropriate
for a liquor store owner, don’t you think?
He challenged me to make all the listeners smarter marketers in seven minutes, or I would owe him and all the listeners a beer. Of course, I couldn’t resist.
My seven minute answer is to act like a small town business owner. We talked about how much more the whole business world is like a small town now, how your customers act like small town people no matter where you do business. (Sound familiar? Like Small Town Rules, maybe?) We also covered ways to talk with customers individually and whether there are any universal truths in business today.
Brian works as Director of Marketing and Transmedia Storyteller for ROBYN Promo. He is also a driving force in the AMA Oklahoma City chapter, and has been kind enough to invite me to speak to their group.
I’d be glad to come speak to your group on business and small town rules.
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021