Brian Blake is a smart friend from Oklahoma City, and he’s one of the hosts of the fun podcast, The 7 Minute Smarketer.
|Becky and Brian Blake with a cocktail shaker, printed by
the company he works with, ROBYN. Seems appropriate
for a liquor store owner, don’t you think?
He challenged me to make all the listeners smarter marketers in seven minutes, or I would owe him and all the listeners a beer. Of course, I couldn’t resist.
My seven minute answer is to act like a small town business owner. We talked about how much more the whole business world is like a small town now, how your customers act like small town people no matter where you do business. (Sound familiar? Like Small Town Rules, maybe?) We also covered ways to talk with customers individually and whether there are any universal truths in business today.
Here’s the 7 Minute Smarketer Interview: Becky McCray and transcript.
Brian works as Director of Marketing and Transmedia Storyteller for ROBYN Promo. He is also a driving force in the AMA Oklahoma City chapter, and has been kind enough to invite me to speak to their group.
I’d be glad to come speak to your group on business and small town rules.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022