Brian Blake is a smart friend from Oklahoma City, and he’s one of the hosts of the fun podcast, The 7 Minute Smarketer.
|Becky and Brian Blake with a cocktail shaker, printed by
the company he works with, ROBYN. Seems appropriate
for a liquor store owner, don’t you think?
He challenged me to make all the listeners smarter marketers in seven minutes, or I would owe him and all the listeners a beer. Of course, I couldn’t resist.
My seven minute answer is to act like a small town business owner. We talked about how much more the whole business world is like a small town now, how your customers act like small town people no matter where you do business. (Sound familiar? Like Small Town Rules, maybe?) We also covered ways to talk with customers individually and whether there are any universal truths in business today.
Brian works as Director of Marketing and Transmedia Storyteller for ROBYN Promo. He is also a driving force in the AMA Oklahoma City chapter, and has been kind enough to invite me to speak to their group.
I’d be glad to come speak to your group on business and small town rules.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021