A friend and small town resident, Ken Girty was taking a woodcarving class. The teacher sells rough outs (pre-shaped wood blocks to get your carving started) at his class. Ken bought one to work with in class.
As the teacher came around to work one-on-one with Ken, he looked at the rough out Ken was using.
“Is that mine? That’s crappy wood,” the teacher said. “I’m sorry I sold this to you. I should fix that.”
He did fix it. But it reminds us to sample what we sell before it gets in the hands of customers.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022