If your small town is doing a good job of reclaiming vacant properties, here is your chance to share what you’ve learned. If you don’t speak up for small towns on this topic, who will?
|Waynoka, Oklahoma, has a foundation
that reclaims vacant properties.
From their email:
The Center for Community Progress is seeking session proposals for the 2013 Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference, to be held September 9-11, 2013 in Philadelphia.
This conference convenes community revitalization professionals from across the country to educate, empower and energize them to tackle the most pressing issues facing our cities and towns. Attracting leaders from government, nonprofits and the private sector – we will explore a wide variety of topics related to the challenges and opportunities presented by foreclosed, abandoned, blighted and other problem properties.
Themed “Investing in the Future: Unlocking Hidden Values” for 2013, we are shaping the national discussion on how communities are recognizing and capitalizing on the value from their vacant and distressed properties in order to reduce costs, increase revenues, return equity to individuals and create a stable foundation for future prosperity.
This is where you come in: The success of the conference hinges on a high-quality program. We are looking for informative, innovative and interactive sessions that will engage conference participants and equip them with new knowledge to take back to their communities.
You can get more information or submit a proposal on the Call for Session Proposals page.
For everyone interested in reclaiming vacant properties, this is a good conference to get on your calendar for 2013.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020