Pam Slim is well known as the author of Escape From Cubicle Nation, both the blog and the book. We’ve followed each other’s work for years, and we share a passion for helping people prosper in their own business.
|Hey! We finally met in person!
Becky McCray and Pam Slim at SXSW 2011.
Pam interviewed me about Small Town Rules, and I wanted to share it with you. We talked about:
- Common misconceptions people have about small, local businesses
- How the whole world is more like a small town now
- What large corporations can learn about branding from small business
- The formula for instant social media success (Pam said it that way – it’s just a different way of thinking that you’ll recognize.)
Pam wrote of our book, “It is a fascinating resource with genuinely new insights for everyone in business.” That is high praise indeed! If you’d like to learn more, here’s a sample from Small Town Rules (PDF).
- Want more public attendance at your events? Make sure your signs include this specific phrase - February 18, 2019
- Who’s asking your customer questions? - February 11, 2019
- How restaurants can market each other in small towns - February 4, 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for rural small business - January 28, 2019
- What businesses would work in a small town with empty land - January 21, 2019
- Two 2019 small business trends that are good for small towns - January 14, 2019
- Small towns as testing grounds for future technology - December 31, 2018
- Empty building ideas: Art gallery in the windows - December 24, 2018
- What is holding us back? Why does every project take so long in small towns? - December 3, 2018
- Control your business holiday lights with smart home tools - November 19, 2018