Pam Slim is well known as the author of Escape From Cubicle Nation, both the blog and the book. We’ve followed each other’s work for years, and we share a passion for helping people prosper in their own business.
|Hey! We finally met in person!
Becky McCray and Pam Slim at SXSW 2011.
Pam interviewed me about Small Town Rules, and I wanted to share it with you. We talked about:
- Common misconceptions people have about small, local businesses
- How the whole world is more like a small town now
- What large corporations can learn about branding from small business
- The formula for instant social media success (Pam said it that way – it’s just a different way of thinking that you’ll recognize.)
Pam wrote of our book, “It is a fascinating resource with genuinely new insights for everyone in business.” That is high praise indeed! If you’d like to learn more, here’s a sample from Small Town Rules (PDF).
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021