Speakers from 20 states are converging on Kansas November 8, 2012, for a conversation about how high tech thrives outside Silicon Valley and all the usual big cities. It’s the Small Town State of NOW, which we used to call the 140 Conference.
|Contributor Jon Swanson and I will share a
panel on true friendship this year.
This is not just a Kansas event. It’s not a local event. It’s an international event that happens to be held in Kansas.
And it’s the only international “high tech” event to talk small towns and go to a small town to do it.
This marks the third time we’ve held this event. It promises to be the best one yet. I realize I’m biased because Jeff and I created it together, but I’m serious.
Here’s an overview of the first 140 Conference from Oklahoma Horizon TV. (Don’t see the video? Click through to Small Biz Survival.)
What makes this event special?
When people from different backgrounds get together, they can share ideas across boundaries. Here are a few of our confirmed speakers for this year:
- Nick Barron @nbarron, Washington, DC, Incubating Tomorrow’s Great Minds
- Aliza Sherman @alizasherman, Tok, Alaska, Empowering others with tech
- Simon Salt @incslinger, Fort Worth, Texas, The Starving Artist
- Greg Peterson @gregpeterson33, Assaria, Kansas, I’m farming and I grow it
- Doug Mitchell @nextgenradio, Rockville, Maryland, Creating Multiculturalism in Small Town America
- Jason Kintzler @JasonKintzler, Wyoming, Pearl snaps and web apps in a land where cowboys are kings.
See the whole speaker list at State of NOW.
If you’re interested in what goes on in the high tech world outside the metropolis, join the conversation.
- Student passes are only $14
- Adults can use “friendofST12” for a serious discount
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022