A reader wrote in today to ask a good question:
I was just wondering on items that we post to this site – like the comment fields on the brag basket.. would they be show up in google searches? My only concern was that if i posted “business” type things – I wouldn’t want them to come up in a google or yahoo search if a customer typed in our business name. We had a problem with this on our association message board where we all voiced “concerns” that we wouldn’t want blasted out to the world – then later found out they were showing up on searches! Anyway – just wondering…. Thanks.
Anything you post in the comment box here and on any other website is public. It is possible for your comments to be found by search.
I always follow the guideline of only posting comments that I don’t mind everyone on the planet reading. You can always comment, especially in the Brag Basket, without giving the details. Feel free to leave out your business name, or to skip over any details you wouldn’t want to share publicly.
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020