A reader wrote in today to ask a good question:
I was just wondering on items that we post to this site – like the comment fields on the brag basket.. would they be show up in google searches? My only concern was that if i posted “business” type things – I wouldn’t want them to come up in a google or yahoo search if a customer typed in our business name. We had a problem with this on our association message board where we all voiced “concerns” that we wouldn’t want blasted out to the world – then later found out they were showing up on searches! Anyway – just wondering…. Thanks.
Anything you post in the comment box here and on any other website is public. It is possible for your comments to be found by search.
I always follow the guideline of only posting comments that I don’t mind everyone on the planet reading. You can always comment, especially in the Brag Basket, without giving the details. Feel free to leave out your business name, or to skip over any details you wouldn’t want to share publicly.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020