|What is your backup plan,
if your phone line is ripped
out during the busy
Here is another reason to consider Square for credit card processing over a traditional merchant account.
Yesterday, the phone line was ripped off of the back of our store. (It looks like it was snagged by a truck and drug down the alley because the end that normally connects to our service box is laying about 200 feet away from our building.) Our phone line and DSL service are out, with no repair planned until at least tomorrow. This is Christmas week, a critical time for our retail business.
When we were using a traditional merchant processor, we could not process credit cards at all without a land line. How many customers would we have to turn away?
With Square, I took my Android phone to the store, plugged in the Square reader, and we’ve used it all day. Having that as a backup option makes a big difference.
Read our story about converting to Square for credit card processing.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022